[ardour-users] Re: HELP!! just clueless building from source

andy news4 at earthsong.free-online.co.uk
Fri Sep 3 21:38:52 PDT 2004

On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 20:18:07 -0500, Josh Karnes wrote:

> OK,
>
> I installed jack from source and that didn't work.  So I found the jack.pc file
> and moved it from /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig to /usr/lib/pkgconfig where all the
> other .pc files are, and now it complains that it can't find sndfile!!
>
> GRRR!!!
>
> where can i get source code for sndfile?  am i going to have to reinstall
> everything from source?  what a pain!
>
> planet ccrma has what is reported as "source" for libsndfile but it's an rpm and
> while you can add it, I have no idea where it put it.

The trick is to install the -dev or -devel packages for the libraries it
can't find. (Assuming you already have the binary package installed) These
have all the information the program you're compiling needs to hook into
these libraries correctly. I.e. you need to install libsndfile-dev/devel.

--
http://www.niftybits.ukfsn.org/

remove 'n-u-l-l' to email me. html mail or attachments will go in the spam
bin unless notified with [html] or [attachment] in the subject line.