[ardour-users] Session did not load successfully

ross at lug.udel.edu ross at lug.udel.edu
Tue Nov 30 12:54:58 PST 2004

Hello everyone,

	Hit a terrible problem today... a session refuses to load.
When I try to open it, Ardour responds:

[ERROR]: Session: XMLNode describing a AudioRegion references an unknown source id =1101686258854863
[ERROR]: Session: cannot create Region from XML description.
[ERROR]: Session "/home/ross/audio/rawee/rawee (snapshot rawee)" did not load successfully

The weird thing is that nothing has changed since I worked on this
session a few days ago --- no disk crashes, no data corruption, no
changes to ardour's version.  I can't imagine what's causing this --- I
suppose it's possible that ardour incorrectly wrote the session
information?

Is there any way to get my session back?  I'm using ardour to digitize
some tape recordings and output them to WAVs, and I left off after the
last round of taping without exporing.  So if the session is gone, so
is all of my work...

Thanks for any help!

--
Ross Vandegrift