[ardour-users] Some doubts

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Sat Nov 27 05:29:19 PST 2004

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 02:08:26 -0200
Leandro Marco <leandromarco at gmail.com> wrote:
> First. I have a rock band, so I will mainly use Ardour to record
> things outside the computer. One of my doubts is: How is the best way
> to connect my guitar or my keyboard to my sound card? 

I see Jan's already given some helpful advice on using line-in jacks
through a mixer, but I'd like to put in a good work for miking your
amplifier.  In my experience, I usually get a much better guitar sound
by having the guitar plugged into my amp (a Fender Ultimate Chorus) and
using an SM57 connected to a mixer.  I can change the tone a bit by
miking it either straight on, or turning it about 45 degrees so that
the mike is perpendicular to the cone.

One other thing: while the Audigy is well-supported under Linux, if
there is a physical problem with the line-in jacks on the card, you're
going to need a new card.  Anything that you'll want to plug into it,
save for little computer "chat" mics, will need line-in jacks.

Good luck!

> P.S. Sorry for the English errors. i am Brazilian.

Your English is far, far better than my Portuguese!!!

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com
Without deviation from the norm, "progress" is not possible. - FZappa

More information about the Ardour-Users mailing list