[ardour-users] Some doubts

Jan Depner eviltwin69 at cableone.net
Sat Nov 27 05:12:29 PST 2004

The Audigy ES looks like it is well supported.  Always use the line-in
not the mic-in.  You can plug directly into the card from your guitar or
effects pedals but you'll probably have signal level problems.  It would
be better to buy a small mixer like the Behringer UB802 or UB1002:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/631238/
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/631237/

This will allow you to record using mics as well as directly.  You will
also be able to set your input levels.  To record two instruments as
separate tracks just pan channel one hard left, channel two hard right,
and run the main outs into the line-in.

Jan