[ardour-users] VST?

Sharp Hall sharp at ccil.org
Sat May 29 17:07:59 PDT 2004

On Sat, 2004-05-29 at 23:03, Josh Karnes wrote:
> Did I read correctly that 0.9beta12+ has "initial" support for win32 VST plugins
> native in Ardour?
Yes. As I understand it, they run under wine, and ardour somehow
magically interfaces with them. And if the VST only relies on an audio
app, (and not a windows gui library, for example,) the code will run the
same speed on linux as under windows, because wine does not need to
emulate it. I haven't actually tried it out, but you need to build it
with a configure flag.

- Sharp