[ardour-users] import/export projects

philicorda philicorda at ntlworld.com
Tue May 25 16:05:19 PDT 2004

Josh Karnes wrote:

> Well, I'm back again, trying to run Ardour...
>
> FWIW I had a hard disk meltdown and ended up having to buy a new hard
> drive and many other pieces of hardware, then got Win98SE back up and
> running with Nuendo...
>
> So now with an abundance of spare hard disk space, I'll try
> Adour+Linux again.
>
> How do I export & import files?  In other words, I want to open some
> projects that I made in Nuendo, so what format do I need to export
> those to in order for them to work in Ardour?  I'd like to keep things
> like tempo, etc., intact but these are just "scratch" tracks, so I
> don't have a lot of track syncing to do.

Hiya.
I can import broadcast wav files from Cubase SX into Ardour fine. I
assume Nuendo is the same.

Rightclick in a track -> Edit -> Insert external soundfile.

The only problem is that the position of the file does not seem to work.
So, you can't do region->original position
This is a shame as it would make importing whole songs with lots of
small wavs much easier. Broadcast wav supports this, so there must be a
way of getting it to work.