[ardour-users] import/export projects

R Parker rtp405 at yahoo.com
Tue May 25 11:58:13 PDT 2004

--- Josh Karnes <jkarnes1 at austin.rr.com> wrote:
> Well, I'm back again, trying to run Ardour...
>
> FWIW I had a hard disk meltdown and ended up having
> to buy a new hard drive and
> many other pieces of hardware, then got Win98SE back
> up and running with Nuendo...

Well, now I don't feel so all alone. :)

> How do I export & import files?  In other words, I
> want to open some projects
> that I made in Nuendo, so what format do I need to
> export those to in order for
> them to work in Ardour?

I don't know of anyone opening Nuendo project files or
those from any other DAW. I don't think there's any
support and am guessing there won't be before 1.0.

 I'd like to keep things
> like tempo, etc., intact but
> these are just "scratch" tracks, so I don't have a
> lot of track syncing to do.

If you want to begin testing and working with Ardour,
the best thing is dump/print each instrument to disk
beginning at zero and going to the end. Maybe that's
not what you were hoping for. Obviously you could use
another system as source and route the signals to
Ardour but that requires hardware.

The file type can be .wav while sample and bit depth
are dependent upon your hardware. I haven't tested
whether tempo matches are accurate but they should be
close.

ron