[ardour-users] Hardware for Linux

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon May 24 23:59:18 PDT 2004

Hallo,
Jørn Villesen Christensen hat gesagt: // Jørn Villesen Christensen wrote:

> So what you are saying, is that i would either have to a) Give up my
> favorite OS and install M$ Windows?

You would run into even more troubles, as many USB-audio-devices are
much harder to get to work reliably on Windows than on Linux. Much
much harder.

Actually USB has limitations, but most USB1 devices work okay on
Linux.  If you stay away from Midiman and watch the USB device list on
qbik.ch you should find something that works. USB1 only allows 8
cd-quality mono channels though

I have no experience at all with USB 2.0. You'll probably be an alpha
or beta tester.

Ciao