[ardour-users] NooB with glib-config and glib version errors

Keith kmceng at yahoo.com
Sat May 22 10:15:30 PDT 2004

> Do you have the -devel packages for your glib? If you do then maybe you need
> libglib1.2 and libglib1.2-devel. Ardour compiles on my Mandrake 10 and I have
> both of those.

No, I don't have the glib-devel.  I tried to find a 2.4.1 edition of glib-devel and came up empty.

I found one for 2.2.3, but one of the packages I installed (I think the latest gtk+) needed 2.4.0
or greater to install so that's what I did. Now am I stuck? or do I wipe everything out and
start all over from older versions?  I really don't know where to go from here.

> Btw, I've always found ardour to be a bit of a pig to compile on Mandrake but
> it definitely seems to be improving.

So I'm finding out...but I'm also a bit of a NooB on linux too, so I have my troubles just
managing some of the simplest things.  But I'm an embedded systems software
programmer and I've used Unix before, just not at the sys/Admin level.

Keith