[ardour-users] Hardware for Linux

Jørn Villesen Christensen news at mettle.dk
Thu May 20 08:31:24 PDT 2004

On Thu, 20 May 2004 17:06:59 +0200, derek holzer <derek at x-i.net> wrote:

> Jørn Villesen Christensen wrote:
>
>> So what you are saying, is that i would either have to a) Give up my
>> favorite OS and install M$ Windows? or b) Give up the idea of a
>> portable  studio and buy a desktop?
>
> Neither. I suggested the option which I chose: use Linux plus a high
> end, PCMCIA soundcard [RME HDSP] for your mobile studio needs.

Yes. Sorry... I was a bit fast to give up on that, because you wrote that
it might need a bit of tweaking to get to work.
I searched their site and found only 2 drivers for Linux - none for the
pcmcia-card. But I should have used google instead... :-)

Found some sites that described how to use the card. Then I searched for
some dealers and found that the solution may be a bit to expensive for
me....