[ardour-users] Hardware for Linux

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Thu May 20 08:06:59 PDT 2004

Jørn Villesen Christensen wrote:

> So what you are saying, is that i would either have to a) Give up my
> favorite OS and install M$ Windows? or b) Give up the idea of a
> portable  studio and buy a desktop?

Neither. I suggested the option which I chose: use Linux plus a high
end, PCMCIA soundcard [RME HDSP] for your mobile studio needs.

But budgets may vary. I've fought with quite a few people's USB
soundcards [espc Midiman!], so I am a bit wary of a USB solution. Maybe
others on this list have had more positive USB experiences. [???]

best,
d.

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl