[ardour-users] Question: Suse 9.1 / AMD 64 / Echo Audio Drivers

Anthony DiSante orders at nodivisions.com
Tue May 18 19:33:44 PDT 2004

Wolfgang Woehl wrote:
> The echo driver is developed by Giuliano Pochini who has done terrific
> work so far in making the mixer functionality etc. available as linux
> apps. Couple of weeks ago i tested it with a layla20. Worked superb.

Hello,

I'm trying to get my friend's layla20 to work in Gentoo linux, and so far
have not succeeded.  I'm following the instructions on this page:

http://xoomer.virgilio.it/g_pochini/ea.html

...and using alsa 1.0.4.  I can modprobe snd-layla20, and then that and a
few other snd* things show up with lsmod, but aplay always reports this:

aplay: main:507: audio open error: No such device

And Emixer says "no Echoaudio cards found."  The system is using devfs; not
sure if that changes anything.  If you could give me any suggestions about
how you got it set up, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Anthony
http://nodivisions.com/