[ardour-users] selections and regions

Jesse Chappell jesse at essej.net
Wed Mar 24 10:22:30 PST 2004

There are some outstanding bugs in the region layering code.

There is also the possibility that we will introduce an "expanded"
layer view, where overlapping regions will be shown on separate
rows in a vertically expanded track view.

However, an alternative method to do multiple takes is to create
a new playlist before each take (this is very similar to the notion
of virtual tracks in dedicated hardware DAWs such as the Roland
VS series or ennumerable other machines).  Just press the 'p'
button on the track header area and choose New.  You can switch
between playlist by picking the named entries in the 'p' menu.
If you wanted to use a region from another playlist, you can drag
it in from the regionlist (if you can identify it by name).

jlc