[ardour-users] selections and regions

Jacob Garchik Jacob at Musicarc.org
Wed Mar 24 10:12:14 PST 2004

Hello.

I have a single track with multiple layers of audio. I recorded multiple
takes on one track. I was under the impression that I would be able to edit
each take later. Some takes are shorter than others.

I'm having trouble selecting various takes. I know right clicking and
choosing "send region to bottom layer" will move the layers around, but some
layers, it seems, never come back to the top. Especially tricky are the
shorter layers, who may be surrounded on both sides by audio from longer
takes. Clicking on these shorter layers just selects the surrounding layer.

Is there a way to toggle between selections using a list of regions? All the
layers have distinct names. Shouldn't I be able to choose from a list what I
want selected?

Excuse my confusing terminology and reply if you need clarification.

Thanks in advance,

Jacob