[ardour-users] Potential user Ardour questions

Jan Depner eviltwin69 at cableone.net
Sun Mar 21 18:12:12 PST 2004

You definitely want software monitoring off (it doesn't really matter
what hardware monitoring is set to since you're getting the input
directly from your card).  With software monitoring on you can't use a
large sample size (I always use 2048 since it helps to limit xruns).
Use envy24control to set H/W Out 1/2 to Digital Mix L/R (on the
Patchbay/Router tab).  You can adjust the levels of the already recorded
material versus the new material using envy24control.  It's a bit
confusing so just play with it for a while.  Check the Mute buttons and
the sliders.  The sliders define how much signal goes to the onboard
mixer.

Jan