[ardour-users] Potential user Ardour questions

Joseph Dell'Orfano fullgo at dellorfano.net
Sun Mar 21 17:57:19 PST 2004

I am also using 1010-LT without an outboard mixer. I am using the
hardware monitoring feature, which seems to work nicely. I do have to
use the alsamixer (gamix) to set the 1010-LT to use the hardware monitor
properly. Once this is set, I have to choose HW monitoring in the Ardour
options editor. I also find that software monitoring needs to be set as
well. This seems to work well with effective zero latency, which allows
me to set my jack up to 1024 in order to avoid any xruns.

Is there a way to leave HW monitoring on by default in Ardour?

Thanks

-Joe Dell'Orfano