[ardour-users] What kernel are you running?

Nathan Funk nathanfunk at shaw.ca
Thu Mar 18 07:07:05 PST 2004

Thanks for all your feedback on this topic! I'm suprised how many people
are running 2.6 already.

The snags I'm running into must be related to my hardware or something
specific about my setup. I have now tried the 2.6.3-gentoo-r1, but I had
the same lockups as with 2.6.4-gentoo-mm1. It locked up the first time I
started KDE, and once about 2 seconds after starting jackd with
qjackctl. I'm doing other important work (school projects) on this
computer now, so I really can't afford having too many lockups before
the projects are over... I guess I'll have to wait until I have time to
figure out the issues with 2.6.

BTW I have a 1.6MHz P4, 512MB with a SB Ensoniq (ES1371) and onboard
C-Media sound - not great cards but it does the trick for a bad
guitarist/singer :)

Nathan