[ardour-users] good system...but crackling in audio?

Anthony avan at uwm.edu
Sun Jun 13 19:02:55 PDT 2004

* Jeremy M. Booth <bq20 at comcast.net> [Jun 13 04 19:59]:
> really?  What do you mean by a "lot" of network activity...running an

Sustained downloading only. Again, I have no idea if your crackling is
my crackling of course. Its a quiet noise signal but a persistant, well umm
crackling. Its an ASUS board dual athlon-mp, 3com controller. It didn't
used to happen, my suspicions are I either moved the cards when cleaning
a while back or it occurred with a kernel upgrade. BTW, have you
tried recording it? My noise can not be recorded, i.e. if I playback
a recording of a noisy signal on my other card it sounds fine.

It was such a pain to diagnose, I felt sure it was my external gear
or a bad DAC. But its absolutely related to network traffic, 100%
sure.

--ant