[ardour-users] good system...but crackling in audio?

Jeremy M. Booth bq20 at comcast.net
Sun Jun 13 17:00:36 PDT 2004

really?  What do you mean by a "lot" of network activity...running an
instant messaging client, or a download, or a remote X session?  What
kind of system are you running? What network devices?  The "crackling" I
get sounds like clipping, but according to the meters I have some
headroom to spare.  I'm beginning to think it might be a summing issue
or the metering isn't fast enough to show some fast transients that
could be clipping.