[ardour-users] Help please

Russell Hanaghan hanaghan at starband.net
Mon Jul 26 08:23:34 PDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-07-28 at 12:51, philicorda wrote:
> James McDonald wrote:
>

> > All software: Ardour and Qjackctl are installed and I can launch
> > Qjackctl but I keep getting the message that "Client cannot connect to
> > Jack server".  Is there something special that needs to be done to get
> > Jack to connect?

On the second tab of the "setup" page of Qjackctl, there is a drop down
box. Are you trying to run "jackstart" or Jackd? AFAIK, Jack-realtime
doesn't even function on versions of jack later than 0.95. If your
running as user and try to run jackd, it will give you that error
message...but so can a dozen other things! RUn qjackctl from a console
as su then try to run jack.

Is your machine a dual proc? That kernel you identified on your system
is for multi processor systems.