[ardour-users] Please help

Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano nando at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Sun Jul 25 11:56:12 PDT 2004

On Sun, 2004-07-25 at 09:32, James McDonald wrote:
> I'm trying to get apt to work but I don't know where to get the database so
> that it can see software packages to install.

Which distribution and version are you running? (Redhat? Fedora?
Mandrake? Debian?). There are solutions for all of them, and then some
others as well.

> I've tried absolutly
> everything on any website I can find to get Ardour running is ther ANY
> resource that explains how from start to finish to install Ardour.  All I
> seem to find is Ardour pointing to planet ccrma who points to someone else
> who points to someone else and none of them is intuitive.

??
Ardour is part of Planet CCRMA. And Planet CCRMA (AFAIK :-) does not
point anywhere else. Now, if you want to install the Ardour package that
is part of Planet CCRMA you have to _follow_ the instructions that are
part of the web site itself, see:
  http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/

It is not a "one click" install but it works...
-- Fernando