[ardour-users] Can't install on Mandrake

R Parker rtp405 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 23 19:52:33 PDT 2004

Hi,

Does Mandrake make it simple enough to install all the
requirements for building the nightly tar balls? If
yes, then maybe go that route. This will enable you to
use alsa sequencer for the MIDI port.

Otherwise...I just can't recall how I fixed this exact
error in the past. I think HW:0 is simply the first
specified card in the modules.conf file. Wait a
minute.

Toggle button pix maps...How old is this package that
you're attempting to install? My sense is that you're
attempting to install something that is pretty old.

I just do the CVS thing and once the requirements are
met it's very easy to keep up with the numerous fixes
and updates.

ron

--- "D. R. Evans" <N7DR at arrl.net> wrote:
> D. R. Evans said the following at 2004-07-22 17:49 :
>

> > Johannes posted a description of how to install a
> Mdk RPM on to 1 9.2
> > system. I followed his instructions and they
> worked fine (on two
> > different 9.2 systems).
>
> Hmmm... there is a caveat to this. Ardour installed
> fine. But I just
> checked it and it doesn't run when installed from
> the latest CVS RPM on
> Thac's site.
>
> It says
> [ERROR] MIDI: no such port device
> [WARNING]: MMC MIDI port "hw:0" not available: no
> MMC control possible
> [ERROR] No toggle button pixmaps found to match
> toggle-button-[0-9]*.xpm$
> [ERROR] Could not initialize Ardour
>
> Goodness knows what that lot means, but at a minimum
> it looks like the
> RPMs are probably missing some needed files at
> runtime.
>
>    Doc
>

> ATTACHMENT part 1.2 application/pgp-signature
name=signature.asc