[ardour-users] Can't install on Mandrake

Russell Hanaghan hanaghan at starband.net
Fri Jul 23 18:00:46 PDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-07-23 at 15:58, D. R. Evans wrote:
> D. R. Evans said the following at 2004-07-22 17:49 :
>

> > Johannes posted a description of how to install a Mdk RPM on to 1 9.2
> > system. I followed his instructions and they worked fine (on two
> > different 9.2 systems).
>
> Hmmm... there is a caveat to this. Ardour installed fine. But I just
> checked it and it doesn't run when installed from the latest CVS RPM on
> Thac's site.
>
> It says
> [ERROR] MIDI: no such port device
> [WARNING]: MMC MIDI port "hw:0" not available: no MMC control possible
> [ERROR] No toggle button pixmaps found to match toggle-button-[0-9]*.xpm$
> [ERROR] Could not initialize Ardour
>
> Goodness knows what that lot means, but at a minimum it looks like the
> RPMs are probably missing some needed files at runtime.
>
>    Doc

If your running that CVS build from the MDK 9.2 page on Thac's, I had
trouble with it too. Look for the Beta 11.2 RPM's on
http://rpm.pbone.net. thats libardour, pixmaps and ardour.

The latest on the 10.0 release is a bit buggy on my system. I have
reverted back to the beta 11.2 myself as it seems to be the most stable
for my needs.

R~