[ardour-users] Newbie needs help

Johannes Ringheim jri at broadpark.no
Wed Jul 21 07:11:30 PDT 2004

D. R. Evans wrote:

> Since you say that you are trying to install a RH RPM instead of a Mdk
> one, I am not surprised that you are having dependency problems. My
> advice is to do exactly what Johannes said.

It's also that I have added the mandrake 10 rpm's (thac's, mandrake's &
plf's) to urpmi on my 9.2 system. If I were you James I wouldn't try
this at home before hearing someone more competent's comment on it. I'm
a noob myself having enough getting to grips with Linux itself as well
as Ardour, Jack and LADSPA. I did this dirty trick to get the latest
versions, but I don't know if it is generally a smart move?
Have managed to compile it now, though, and will learn how to upgrade
the system after the bassline I need is recorded ,]

--
Johannes M Ringheim
Ringheims Auto