[ardour-users] Newbie needs help

Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano nando at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Tue Jul 20 11:07:13 PDT 2004

On Sun, 2004-07-18 at 11:00, James McDonald wrote:
> I've tried installing Ardour with both RPMs and source but every time I try
> and RPM I get the error
>
> Some package requested cannot be installed:
> ardour-0.9beta11.2-1.rh73.ccrma.i386 (due to unsatisfied libraptor.so.1)
> do you agree ?
>
> Or some variation and every time I try to install 09beta18.1.1 frome source
> I get
>
> Some package requested cannot be installed:
> ardour-0.9beta11.2-1.rh73.ccrma.i386 (due to unsatisfied libraptor.so.1)
> do you agree ?

The Ardour package in Planet CCRMA is not "stand alone", it needs
certain dependencies (ie: other packages also available from Planet
CCRMA) before it will install. You cannot just download it and rpm -Uvh'
it. The easiest way to deal with dependencies is to use apt, which will
resolve them and install all you need. Please see the detailed
installation instructions in the Planet CCRMA pages:

  http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/

Paul: maybe a short paragraph could be added to the Ardour web page that
explains this?

-- Fernando