[ardour-users] Problems with Jack and Ardour/Rosegarden

David Snopek xevol at newtonave.net
Thu Dec 2 07:19:18 PST 2004

Aapo Ville Antrea Romu said:
> I have been tweaking Jack 0.99 and Ardour up from source for my AMD
> Athlon 64 bok running Fedora Core 2 x86_64 for a while. I'm getting a
> huge amount of XRuns so I decided to try realtime-lsm-0.1.1. So I had to
> compile my kernel to enable that module to load up.

What motherboard do you have?  I have an AMD64 that got huge amounts of
XRuns due to a buggy IDE controller.  After recompiling the kernel for my
IDE chipset and removing the generic IDE driver, everything worked fine.
I am not at my home machine and can't give you the exact details.  But I
have the ASUS K8V Deleuxe, for which the IDE chipset and on-board Marvel
NIC are known problems.

Also, the memory controller is on the chip NOT the motherboard with the
AMD64.  It is also a little buggy and EXTREMELY picky about the memory you
use.  I had to try three different brands before getting it to work
stably.

I hope this helps!
  -- David Snopek