[ardour-users] x86_64, Ardour and LADSPA

Jason Russler jasonrussler at msn.com
Wed Dec 1 13:02:17 PST 2004

Hi all, I've recently been able to compile Ardour (and thus everything it
needs) on an Athlon64 system running Fedora Core 3 - hairy stuff and totally
not worth it.  The only thing I'm missing is a sufficient number of LADSPA
plugins since almost none of them will compile into 64-bit binaries - there
are a few however.  Before I go back and recompile Ardour and the entire
list of dependencies as 32-bit binaries I'd like to know if there's anyone
else that's had any success with Ardour on an x86_64 system in 64-bit
userland and if they have any pointers, suggestions or recommendations.

I'm thinking about blasting by 64-bit Linux install in favor of a 32-bit
install to simplify package management - dual arch is a pain - I guess I
want a reason not to  :O)