[ardour-users] Newbie to ardour

Jason Jones j at poeticintensity.com
Fri Aug 27 10:43:37 PDT 2004

Hey...  I've been a windows digital audio recorder for about 2 years,
and I've finally got sick of windows, so I made the switch to Linux, and
am now trying to get my DAW back.

I'm SO impressed with ardour....  I love it.  I've just got a couple of
questions that I hope someone can help me with.

Right now I'm using a Soundblaster Audigy Pro. EX and I'm able to record
one track at a time just great.  I want to expand the ability to record
more tracks simultaneously, but I'm not sure how to go about it.  I've
got two sound cards, but the ardour docs say that multiple sound cards
isn't the way to expand the DAW (I couldn't get JACK to work with more
than just one audio interface at a time, anyway).

Could anyone give me any pointers on ways to expand ardour's
capabilities to record more than one track at a time?  Maybe hardware
with multiple ins / outs?

Thanks in advance,

Jason