[ardour-users] My experience up to now

Jan Depner eviltwin69 at cableone.net
Thu Apr 29 10:25:07 PDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-29 at 10:10, Studio Zodiak wrote:
> Hi.
> I guess I might be considered a zealous user because I do extensive editing and effects while working at 96.
> I use the latest beta version which I compile from source.
> I have a P4 2.6 with 2G of ram with 5 independent SCSI disks
> All the pieces resulted in being corrupted at one point.
> I had to redo everything.
> Now I have two songs that seem to be ok, only I have not put any effects on them.
> I think what happened is that when some of the ladspa plugins have too much feedback, the program refuses to open the project.

There is a bug with the latest version that does not import your plugin
values from an older .ardour session correctly.  This results in
waaaaayyyyyy too much reverb or echo when using GVerb or Tape Delay
Simulation.  Take a look in the original .ardour file (or .bak) and then
look in the one that is saved from the latest version.  You'll see the
difference there.  Paul is aware of this bug.  Also, your plugin
settings (the ones saved in the plugin dialogs) are no longer in the
same place or format.  Taybin has said he will write a converter but I
think everyone is busy with ZKM at the moment.

Jan