[ardour-users] MMC MTC??

R Parker rtp405 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 6 07:00:56 PDT 2004

Hi Roger,

Syncronization is largely unusable. AFAIK, Ardour MTC
is broken. Several years ago Ardour was master and
slave to MTC with my AW4416. The current plan is to
implement SMPTE into Ardour. According to Paul it will
be much simpler than MTC. Definitely read through the
Mantis reports. I think you'll get a decent
understanding of what's happening with sync and
control.

MMC might still be working. I haven't looked at it
much  during the last year. You'll probably find
channel binding, and some transport functionality
usable.

SMPTE should work well for me because Ardour will send
it over an ADAT channel. At my Tascam DM-24 I can
route it to an analogue 1/4" send and then from 1/4 to
an rca syn input. I believe the AW has Omni i/o that
will build the same routes for you.

ron