[Ardour-Dev] Development Summary (5.8..ba24f287ca)

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Wed May 3 13:03:58 PDT 2017

On Wed, May 03, 2017 at 07:42:09PM +0200, Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:

> >- Use Shift key to enable group when moving Fader with group disabled.
>
> Sorry to have to ask, but is the inverse also possible? Because that
> is the standard usecase. I know I want my drum tracks to gang, but
> then I realise the hihat is too soft, so <mod>-click and correct.
> Having the "turn group on temporary" modifier seems a bit pointless to me.

I'll second that. It shouldn't be necessary to disable a group just to
make some small correction on a single fader. Pressing some modifier
while moving the fader should be all that's required.

The same goes for exclusive solo: clicking a solo button with shift
should override that so you can solo two or more channels without
have to change the 'solo mode'.

Also fully agree with joern's remarks on the master. Either it
can be used just like any other bus, or it should be possible to
remove it.

BTW, 5.8 still reconnects auditioner and click to system ports
even if the session was saved without those connections. That's
a very old one.

Ciao,

--
FA