[Ardour-Dev] Development Summary (5.8..ba24f287ca)

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at stackingdwarves.net
Wed May 3 12:45:08 PDT 2017

On 05/03/2017 07:52 PM, Paul Davis wrote:
> Use VCAs instead of groups for gaiin control. Much more satisfying, much
> more appropriate.

Except the master cannot be assigned to a VCA...
Both these decisions seem to come from the thought that yes, 95% of sane
recording usecases would have you gang the faders of inputs. But take it
from the horse's mouth, in sound design where people abuse Ardour to
serve as an arbitrarily complex mixing desk because there is no budget
to rent a friggin CL5, it is dead useful to be able to gang output fader
levels.

So hooray for both: please let me use VCAs *and* Groups on the Master.
Unless that is an implementation nightmare for some reason I don't see,
in which case I would appreciate the option of hiding the master bus
from the mixer view.

Best,

Jörn

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
De Rijpgracht 8, 1055VR Amsterdam, Nederland

Meister für Veranstaltungstechnik (Bühne/Studio), Tonmeister VDT
http://stackingdwarves.net