[Ardour-Dev] Automation control point problem in A3

Thomas Vecchione seablaede at gmail.com
Sat Feb 15 04:00:58 PST 2014

I think that Mixbus's behavior could be looked at here, where you can click
and drag L/R to create a range, then click and drag up/down so that you
create a total of four points, one just outside the range on either side at
the original values, and one just inside at the new values.  When I want to
maintain the original values on either side of an edit, it is exceedingly
rare I want just a single point, but instead want to raise or lower a
section, so I would find this preferable.

On the other hand, if I am drawing in automation manually, I am more like
John in that I wouldn't want points in on either side, I find if I am
single clicking to create a point, this is most often what I am doing.  A
modifier may or may not be appropriate here I suppose to get this action,
it is certainly the lesser of the actions I usually take as I often draw in
automation by writing a fader, but not always.

      Seablade