[Ardour-Dev] Automation control point problem in A3

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at stackingdwarves.net
Sat Feb 15 03:48:18 PST 2014

On 02/15/2014 11:21 AM, John Rigg wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 15, 2014 at 09:46:25AM +0000, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
>> On Sat, Feb 15, 2014 at 09:12:27AM +0000, John Rigg wrote:
>>
>>> Manually deleting the second point every time
>>> is too much of a slowdown in work flow.
>>
>> Moving it to some convenient spot will be faster. But yes, being
>> able to create just a single point would be a good thing.
>
> I often need to move the extra point more than a short distance.
> I much prefer Ardour 2's behaviour here. As only one other user apart
> from me has mentioned this issue on Mantis, I guess I'm in a very small
> minority (hence my interest in modifying my own copy of 3.0).

i would like to see both. maybe a modifier-click could be used to create
two points, and the default is one point? and i agree with fons that
some separation between the points would help a lot, but then the
question is: what zoom level do you assume? something like "1/50 of the
editor canvas width" would be cool, but i guess that'd be hairy to
implement... perhaps make a fixed offset configurable and put the burden
on the user?

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
Lortzingstr. 11, 45128 Essen, Tel. +49 177 7937487

Tonmeister VDT

http://stackingdwarves.net