[Ardour-Dev] 2.8.12 testing
Axel 'the C.L.A.' Müller
axel-mueller-74 at web.de
Thu Sep 15 17:21:36 PDT 2011
I didn't use the tarball but compiled from SVN 2.0-ongoing rev. 10087
and used the test setup from my bug report regarding high latency
plugins/inserts (http://tracker.ardour.org/view.php?id=4174). Sadly
latency correction now seems to be screwed up completely and not only
when using plugins but also in complete absence of such.
I also tested again with A2 rev. 10007 wich works well, except when
using high latency plugins. This also includes routing via master bus
(in reference to the discussion on IRC).
In A3 it works perfectly - also regarding "cosmetics", as the playhead
waits until audio is bufferd and in that way assures that playhead
position and audio are in sync - in contrary to A2 where the playhead
starts immediately and so is ahead of the audio when there is latency
from plugins or compensated inserts.
So it seems there must be an error in the backported code. :(
More information about the Ardour-Dev