[Ardour-Dev] ambi panning in a3

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at stackingdwarves.net
Tue Nov 1 09:28:03 PDT 2011

On 11/01/2011 01:56 PM, Fons Adriaensen wrote:

> And since A3 won't have AMB panning, and doing this by separate
> plugins for each track is real pain, I'm moving to a workflow that
> does all mixing outside Ardour, so automating that would be an
> application as well.

i haven't found the time yet to look at and understand the vbap panner,
but i have high hopes that i employ use my tried and trusted "paint by
numbers and steal ruthlessly from good programmers" technique to have a
go at it eventually. with the vbap one in place, even spiffy graphics
could be done with a 1:1 rip-off :)
(btw, it's the same technique that i applied to your AMB code to sneak
in 3rd order and, still in the queue, a double-ms-to-ambi decoder).

what makes you think a3 won't have optional ambi panning at some point
in the very near future? do you see any fundamental issues that i'm
overlooking?

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
Lortzingstr. 11, 45128 Essen, Tel. +49 177 7937487

Tonmeister VDT

http://stackingdwarves.net