[Ardour-Dev] Non-freewheeling export mode in Ardour 3?

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Tue Nov 1 06:10:20 PDT 2011

On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 8:56 AM, Fons Adriaensen <fons at linuxaudio.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 01, 2011 at 07:24:45AM -0400, Paul Davis wrote:
>> On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 6:58 AM, Fons Adriaensen <fons at linuxaudio.org> wrote:
>>
>> > - recording / playing external automation data (not related to
>> >  internal or plugin GUI controls),
>>
>> what kind of data? recorded and played back via ... ?
>
> Any data that controls processing outside Ardour. WFS panning

all i can say for now is that the design of MIDI data handling in a3
has been done with quite a lot of attention to handling similar
non-streaming, non-MIDI data in the future. the data structures are
all templated, and the code has been done with a view to handling
scenarious involving multiple data "events" per sample (i.e. huge
numbers of data "events"). we were very aware of the idea of
sequencing OSC, for example.

however, i can't see the emergence of non-MIDI sequencing before ardour4.