[Ardour-Dev] ARDOUR::IO::ensure_limits()

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Sat Jul 23 12:50:58 PDT 2011

On Sat, Jul 23, 2011 at 2:38 PM, John Emmas <johne53 at tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

> On 23 Jul 2011, at 18:26, John Emmas wrote:
>

>> I don't fully understand what's going on there but I suspect it probably doesn't signify an error condition.  Therefore that section should return 0 instead of -1.  Does that seem feasible?
>>

> Or... (alternative idea) maybe ensure_outputs() could return '_noutputs' with -1 indicating an error condition?  (likewise for 'ensure_inputs()').  I'd be happy to code this Paul if you think it's a good idea.  Those functions aren't called very often so it wouldn't take me more than half an hour.

the semantics of "ensure_outputs()" is intended to be "return whether
or not the requested output configuration was achievable, with the
standard posix convention of zero indicating success and any other
value indicating some kind of failure". so i'd prefer not to make this
change. a3 has the same issues, so i have to change things there also.