[Ardour-Dev] ARDOUR::IO::ensure_limits()

John Emmas johne53 at tiscali.co.uk
Sun Jul 24 04:56:21 PDT 2011

On 23 Jul 2011, at 20:50, Paul Davis wrote:

> the semantics of "ensure_outputs()" is intended to be "return whether
> or not the requested output configuration was achievable, with the
> standard posix convention of zero indicating success and any other
> value indicating some kind of failure". so i'd prefer not to make this
> change. a3 has the same issues, so i have to change things there also.

Okay Paul, I understand.  I went ahead with the simpler change in ensure_outputs() (from -1 back to 0) and it did fix the problem of not being able to select an output.  I guess you'll also need to apply a similar fix in  'ensure_inputs()'.

Along the way I've also discovered why Mixbus was crashing in the first place, when loading some sessions but not others.  It's all to do with the way that Mixbus handles mono channels when saving a session-state file (it forgets to save the pan pot for some strange reason).  I'll flag this up to Ben when he returns from Summer NAMM.

John