[Ardour-Dev] Ardour 3 Latinamerican Spanish Lang

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Sun Apr 10 04:28:39 PDT 2011

On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 2:29 AM, Alexandre Prokoudine
<alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/10/11, Estudio Orion wrote:
>
>> Hi Devs, if there's room for Latinamerican Spanish translator volunteer (Im
>> in Venezuela), i'd like to help, but this would be a first time so i'm not
>> familiar with "how translators get actually involved", or the tools to use
>> etc.
>
> Hi,
>
> Spanish localization of Ardour already exists, but hasn't been touched
> since 2004. That's *a lot*.

This doesn't fit with my memory at all. There was a group of people
that Mike Taht found/organized/motivated from somewhere in Central
America who redid the ardour2 spanish translation within the last
couple of years in which they specifically tried to find a sweet spot
between castillian and latin american spanish, removing the need for
multiple translations which apparently didn't make much sense for such
a "technical" translation.

I'll check later today - got to go drive a boat this morning :)

> @Paul Do you think you couild commit it to SVN? Also, it would be nice

the TRANSLATORS file? sure thing.

> if waf checked whether PO files are newer than the generated .mo files
> and recreated them where applicable, so that translators wouldn't have
> to go through this 'msgfmt && sudo cp' nonsense :)

its a separate target because us developers don't want to have to do
this all the time.

./waf i18n

should take care of it, IIRC.