[Ardour-Dev] Ardour 3 Latinamerican Spanish Lang

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 12:17:04 PDT 2011

On 4/10/11, Paul Davis wrote:

>> Spanish localization of Ardour already exists, but hasn't been touched
>> since 2004. That's *a lot*.
>
> This doesn't fit with my memory at all. There was a group of people
> that Mike Taht found/organized/motivated from somewhere in Central
> America who redid the ardour2 spanish translation within the last
> couple of years in which they specifically tried to find a sweet spot
> between castillian and latin american spanish, removing the need for
> multiple translations which apparently didn't make much sense for such
> a "technical" translation.

Ah, I think I know why I got the wrong impression: the A3 branch was
created long ago, and latest translations from A2 were never merged. I
actually had to copy my updated translation from A2 branch myself so
that I didn't have to do all the 2010 work again, but that was over
half a year ago, so I already forgot I did it :)

>> if waf checked whether PO files are newer than the generated .mo files
>> and recreated them where applicable, so that translators wouldn't have
>> to go through this 'msgfmt && sudo cp' nonsense :)
>
> its a separate target because us developers don't want to have to do
> this all the time.
>
> ./waf i18n
>
> should take care of it, IIRC.

Oh, indeed. I've just checked and it does generate new MO files. Fixed
translation guide is attached.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org