[Ardour-Dev] Ardour 3 Latinamerican Spanish Lang

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 23:29:59 PDT 2011

On 4/10/11, Estudio Orion wrote:

> Hi Devs, if there's room for Latinamerican Spanish translator volunteer (Im
> in Venezuela), i'd like to help, but this would be a first time so i'm not
> familiar with "how translators get actually involved", or the tools to use
> etc.

Hi,

Spanish localization of Ardour already exists, but hasn't been touched
since 2004. That's *a lot*. But at least you don't have to start from
scratch. Also you will probably needs to translate it as a different
file in case there is a variant of Spanish locale in Venezuela. I've
cooked up a short translation guide for you to get started with.

@Paul Do you think you couild commit it to SVN? Also, it would be nice
if waf checked whether PO files are newer than the generated .mo files
and recreated them where applicable, so that translators wouldn't have
to go through this 'msgfmt && sudo cp' nonsense :)

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org