[Ardour-Dev] Ardour interface simplication?

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 21:51:57 PDT 2010

On 9/23/10, Adam Dingle wrote:

> Maybe I'm the only one who wants this, but I think it might be nice to
> have a way to run Ardour with a reduced set of user interface elements
> for less professional users.  I can think of a couple of alternative
> ways to do this:
>
> 1. Implement a simplified user interface which omits advanced commands,
> and let users choose either it or the full interface.

I can easily see how this could be hell for technical writers. Any
time they'd need to explain a slightly more advanced feature, they'd
have to reference to explanation how to enable advanced UI. That's
also break flow of reading.

In general, creating basic/advanced UIs for same application is
considered a no-go in usability. Every application has its target
audience, for which the UI should be streamlined. We are lucky to have
Audacity, Jokosher and Fillmore for less experienced users, are we
not? :)

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org