[Ardour-Dev] a3: Normalise

John Emmas johne53 at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Nov 3 00:02:01 PDT 2010

On 3 Nov 2010, at 04:48, Patrick Shirkey wrote:

> On Tue, November 2, 2010 9:12 pm, Axel 'the C.L.A.' Müller wrote:
>>

>> If you want people to compare files I think it would be very helpful
>> if you would upload some wich are quite a bit smaller than 1.5 GB in
>> total.
>>

> As the artist and the reporter of the interesting phenomena I reserve the
> right to politely decline on that matter. At least for a few more days ;-)
>
> Seriously, everyone has a high bandwidth connection these days right?
>
> What are people scared of?

Their download limit?  Regardless of connection speed, many ISPs still enforce a monthly download limit for their customers.  In any case, 8Mbit connections are still pretty common throughout the world (which in practice, means around 2.8Mbit sustained transfer speed).  At that speed, 1.5Gbyte of data is going to take over an hour to download (assuming nothing goes wrong the first time!)

John