[Ardour-Dev] a3: Normalise

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Tue Nov 2 21:48:19 PDT 2010

On Tue, November 2, 2010 9:12 pm, Axel 'the C.L.A.' Müller wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Nov 2010 20:54:03 -0700
> "Patrick Shirkey" <pshirkey at boosthardware.com> wrote:
>
>> I think that it would be useful for you to compare the files as in this
>> case  simply adjusting the volume of the second export does not result
>> in
>> the same  overall levels as the normalised export. As Paul mentioned it
>> could be because the track is polyphonic but it might also be that there
>> are some adjustments that could be made to the algorithm based on this
>> data?
>
> If you want people to compare files I think it would be very helpful
> if you would upload some wich are quite a bit smaller than 1.5 GB in
> total.

As the artist and the reporter of the interesting phenomena I reserve the
right to politely decline on that matter. At least for a few more days ;-)

Seriously, everyone has a high bandwidth connection these days right?

What are people scared of?

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd.

"ZPE is not about creating something from nothing: It is about using the
zero point of a wave as a means to transform other forms of potential
energy like magnetic flux, heat, or particle spin into usable energy in
such a way that entropy appears to be reversed."