[Ardour-Dev] config wizard [was : Re: video timeline patch testing]

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Fri Jul 16 16:43:59 PDT 2010

On 07/17/2010 09:35 AM, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> On 07/17/2010 09:14 AM, Patrick Shirkey wrote:

>>> no. it should write a file called .a3 into ~/.config/ardour3 and won't
>>> enter the wizard after that
>>

>> I see the file in the correct location but there is nothing in it.
>>

> Hmm, I was unable to close a session correctly but killing it with
> ctrl+c has resulted in a .a3 file being written at last.
>
> I can now see the option to choose an existing session. I am seeing
> ardour stall while loading the other sessions which I have just
> created so I am only working with new ones each time now. I have not
> tested with older sessions so these results are only from sessions
> created in the past 24 hours.

A bit more usability testing.

1: open session, a3 hang, force close session = no config saved. empty
.a3 file
2: open session, do something, close, hang = as above
3: open session do something force close (ctrl+c) = .a3 file saved correctly
4: open session, attempt to load existing session = hang
5: open session, attempt to create new session with same name as old
session, dialog asking to load exisiting session = hang

Not sure if you are aware of these items but posted here for your reference.

Cheers.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd