[Ardour-Dev] config wizard [was : Re: video timeline patch testing]

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Sat Jul 17 10:02:23 PDT 2010

On 07/17/2010 01:43 AM, Patrick Shirkey wrote:

>>> I see the file in the correct location but there is nothing in it.
>>>

>> Hmm, I was unable to close a session correctly but killing it with
>> ctrl+c has resulted in a .a3 file being written at last.
>>
>> I can now see the option to choose an existing session. I am seeing
>> ardour stall while loading the other sessions which I have just
>> created so I am only working with new ones each time now. I have not
>> tested with older sessions so these results are only from sessions
>> created in the past 24 hours.
>>

> A bit more usability testing.
>

> 1: open session, a3 hang, force close session = no config saved. empty
> .a3 file
> 2: open session, do something, close, hang = as above
> 3: open session do something force close (ctrl+c) = .a3 file saved
> correctly
> 4: open session, attempt to load existing session = hang
> 5: open session, attempt to create new session with same name as old
> session, dialog asking to load exisiting session = hang
>

> Not sure if you are aware of these items but posted here for your
> reference.

I can not reproduce any of these.

Is this the videotimline branch? Please try to reproduce it with vanilla
ardour3.

I've also noticed that if header-files are changed ./waf not always
re-compiles all necessary objects. I had a couple of unexplainable
segfaults and also hangs which went away after a ./waf clean && ./waf

robin