[Ardour-Dev] "Click of deaf" bug

Pau Arumí pau.arumi at barcelonamedia.org
Fri Jul 16 07:41:10 PDT 2010

To complement Natanael post:
the "brutal explosion" happens random but quite consistently in the
problematic region of the problematic session. Since we are in a room
with 22 Genelec 8040s and 2 subwoofers the problem is quite serious.

As a quick workaround we have implemented a ladspa plugin that detects
such high level situations and plays a low volume sine during few
seconds instead of the high level input. The reason behind playing a
sine is to make the problem evident, so it can not be confused with
another kind of click.

I can provide the code of this ladspa upon request.

El dv 16 de 07 de 2010 a les 10:55 +0200, en/na Natanael Olaiz va
escriure: