[Ardour-Dev] "Click of deaf" bug
nolaiz at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 01:55:16 PDT 2010
We found a strange and harmful bug in Ardour, and unfortunately, it
looks difficult to reproduce.
Description: two regions are one just after the other (so, no crossfade)
makes a several hundred dBs click when the playhead pass over the
- It happens even without any plugin or automation on the track
- If the gain of the track is 0, it doesn't happens. If it's
greater, the bug happens and it looks proportional to the track gain.
- Related to the previous?: when there is a plugin applied, the
gain bug is happening after the plugin process (1 mono track with 22
outputs without plugin: all peaks fall -after several seconds- all
together, meanwhile 1 mono track with 22 outputs with a spacialization
plugin applied: the peaks fall differently because the process)
- It looks to happen only when the starting region have the fade-in
deactivated (no matter the state of the previous ending fade-out).
- When reloading the session, it doesn't happen. But if you move
the second region some times, and put it again snapped to the first one,
it usually happens again each time you pass over the region intersection
until you close the session again.
We tried to simplify the session removing all the tracks but the
problematic one, and still happens. Then we tried to remove clean the
unused sources and move the regions to the begining, and we could not
reproduce it again...
Any hint to debug it? Maybe a NaN in the fade-in algorithm?
Thanks in advance.
More information about the Ardour-Dev