[Ardour-Dev] debug instructions need debugging

michael noble looplog at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 01:38:32 PST 2010

hi all,

In all the recent hullabaloo about debugging, I thought I'd check out the
instructions on Ardour.org. I don't know if it was deliberate, and it may be
just my warped sense of humor, but I find the first paragraph amusing. This
is what it currently says:

Telling Ardour developers "Ardour crashes" isn't enough information to fix
> the issue. Ardour has a very large and complex codebase. Pinpointing the
> actual problem is often a large part of the fixing process. This is a guide
> for users on how to help the developers fix issues they might run
> into.Telling Ardour developers "Ardour crashes" isn't enough information to
> fix the issue. Ardour has a very large and complex codebase. Pinpointing the
> actual problem is often a large part of the fixing process, and to do that
> it is normally helpful to know how to duplicate the crash. If the crash
> isn't duplicatable, the developer needs something called a backtrace. This
> document describes how to do provide duplication instructions, and how to
> generate backtraces.

I can't quite pinpoint the actual problem, but I'm guessing it has something
to do with duplication.

-michael

(please don't shoot the messenger)